12.26.2010

A Barbie Fashion Fairytale!


 
The show was short and sweet and many people enjoyed it. I heard that the casts were flown all the way from US. Great job ppl! The stage was awesome... that’s what I liked most! I’ve missed stage shows and can’t wait to catch another one! I’m glad I’ll be going down to Melaka for one next week and I hope it will be way better than this! ROC here I come!
           

The 3 fairies being "flari-napped" (their word for kidnaped)


Barbie looking for the 3 fairies and asking the kids for help... I kinda like it that it was an interactive play.

The main cast: (from left) the 3 fairies, Elis (Barbie’s clothes designer), Aunt ??? (some big name Parisian designer from Barbie world) and Barbie.

The highlight of the play was not a ball, or a prom, but a fashion show! Elis graced one of her designs by parading it herself.

And for course the star of the fashion show is Barbie.
Duh~!

And as all fairytale goes, Barbie meets Ken and they live happily ever after.

Never in my the world had I thought that I would actually watch a Barbie musical and enjoyed it. But I did! LOLs.

Christmas has passed and it was time to go shopping for new year! My mom and I went to Queensbay to do some shopping coz we realized that we had not paid a visit to the grand sale yet, and it will be over soon!... so, on that fateful day, we went to shop... but lo and behold, when we arrived, we noticed banners concerning one “fashion fairytale”... and my mom recalled reading it in the newspaper that it was “quite interesting”... as we neared the center court, little girls were all dressed up and dolled up as little Barbies and had their pictures taken. And I realized that the Barbie musical would be on that day and the little girls were joining the Barbie contest.             

Now if I had went there alone, I wouldn’t have bothered. But mom was kinda excited about it and wanted to “go have a look”. I tagged along behind and was thinking that we’ll just take a peek and continue walking. But that peek lasted about 30 minutes!

Well, just so you get the idea on how it was like... here are some pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment