7.13.2011

It's funny how sometimes God tests us on what we commit so blatantly. I was reading the passage about the Sermon on the Mount, where Jesus told the people to give an eye for an eye, but instead to go the second mile when people make you go one mile. Just today at work, I had a scuffle with a colleague early in the morning. This colleague of mine made me go one mile with her on something that I thought wasn't my job. I was quite annoyed by it as I had a lot on my plate as well.

It was until later when another colleague came to tell me that I had answered that particular colleague quite loudly that I remembered what I read last night. There and then, I decided I would help her. But it didn't mean that I was all happy to go the one mile too! After performing what she requested, I was told to do more. My anger flared up instantly and I had to quickly fan myself out quickly before I blow at her face again. Thank God for His strength to control myself and also His favor, to be able to complete all the tasks without any more trouble. Going the extra mile isn't easy. But there is still work to be done, and I am just hoping that tomorrow will be a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment